- Why most of the software company preferred testing even though many automation testing tools are present in the market?
- What is Coverage?
- What are the Type of CMM Levels, Explain Each Level.
- How do you go about testing a project? in Manual testing?
- what is build? what is build configuration?
- What is Entry Criteria & Exit Criteria.
- What type of metrics we prepare in testing?
- What is Independent Testing?
- what is the difference between system integrated testing and integrated system testing and Manual Testing?
- Please explain test matrices?
- What is Gap Analysis?. Is there any template for it.Describe briefly about Gap Analysis Please?
- Do the test cases differ for Functional, ,System and User Acceptance Testing?
- What is the clear meaning of test case, levels in test case ? contents of test case.
- Could any body tell me about ‘Deferred test’?,please. when will we use ‘Deferred test’? Who will use it?
- What is Risk Analysis? Types of risks?
Answers:1. Here are some reason why companies choose manual testing initially
- Automation tools have some limitation
- Tools can’t test 100% of the features
- Automation is too costly
- Automation needs skilled persons, which makes companies again to spend much money
- Tools are very costly (Ex: costs 6 lack per each licence)
- Features to be tested:The list of all the features within the test engineer’s scope.
- Features not to be tested:The list of all the features beyond the test engineer’s scope.
3. CMM Levels Explanation
4. Just follow STLC process: Test Initiation, Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Test Reporting & Test Closure.
5. In a programming context, a build is a version of a program. As a rule, a build is a pre-release version and as such is identified by a build number, rather than by a release number. Reiterative (repeated) builds are an important part of the development process. Throughout development, application components are collected and repeatedly compiled for testing purposes, to ensure a reliable final . Build tools, such as make or Ant, enable developers to automate some programming tasks.
As a verb, to build can mean either to write code or to put individual coded components of a program together.
6. Entry criteria:
- All source codes are tested
- All resource has enough functional knowledge
- H/W and s/w are in place
- Test plans and test cases are reviewed and signed off
- No defect over a perod of time or testing effort
- Planned deliverables are ready
- High severity defects are fixed
- Process metrics
- Product metrics
Product Metric: Metric used to measure the characteristic of the documentation and code.
8. Testing by individuals other than those involved in the development of the product or system
We will try to answer the remaining questions soon. Until then to get the updates daily on jobs and interview Q & A’s