Credit Card Testing
Credit card related testing is vast field and sometimes it requires more information on it. I have try to write some tips for testing Credit card Application. There may be chances for more scenarios, but I just tried my best.
- First of all check with your payment gateway that how many types of cards they support, like Master card, Visa card, American Express, Discover etc.
- Then each and every card has specific number of digits as card number. For example say, Discover should have 17 digits only.
- Also each card will have an expiry date.
- Test the boundary conditions for credit card by giving more than 17 digits and less than 17 digits.
- Invalid credit card number.
- Invalid Expiry date etc
- Network response
- Buffer page between application page and payment gateway page
- URL information with card and amount details
Dummy Credit Card Numbers for Testing
Here is a list of dummy credit card number that can be used while testing your applications involving credit card transactions:
- Visa: 4111-1111-1111-1111
- MasterCard: 5431-1111-1111-1111
- Amex: 341-1111-1111-1111
- Discover: 6011-6011-6011-6611
Credit Card Prefix Numbers:
- Visa: 13 or 16 numbers starting with 4
- MasterCard: 16 numbers starting with 5
- Discover: 16 numbers starting with 6011
- AMEX: 15 numbers starting with 34 or 37
While testing, use only the credit card numbers listed here. Other numbers produce an error.Expiration Date must be a valid date in the future (use the mmyy format).
Test Credit Card Account Numbers
- Credit Card Type Credit Card Number
- American Express 378282246310005
- American Express 371449635398431
- American Express Corporate 378734493671000
- Australian BankCard 5610591081018250
- Diners Club 30569309025904
- Diners Club 38520000023237
- Discover 6011111111111117
- Discover 6011000990139424
- JCB 3530111333300000
- JCB 3566002020360505
- MasterCard 5555555555554444
- MasterCard 5105105105105100
- Visa 4111111111111111
- Visa 4012888888881881
- Visa 4222222222222
Note : Even though this number has a different character count than the other test numbers, it is the correct and functional number.
- Processor-specific Cards
- Dankort (PBS) 76009244561
- Dankort (PBS) 5019717010103742